Quality health information can sometimes be hard to find on the internet. How do you evaluate if the information is accurate, up-to-date, and honest? When looking at internet health sites, ask yourself the following questions:
- Who is the author of the website?
- Does the author cite her/his sources of information?
- Who is funding the website?
- Is my privacy protected when I am on this site?
- Does the site look professional, and is it easy to read and understand?
- Is the website accredited by the Health On the Net (HON) Foundation?
(Learn more about the HON Foundation.)